Each Know More School needs 15-20 computers and laptops to be fully functional. We also look at tablets and smartphones to give students cross-platform exposure. Every piece of infrastructure is put to use right away, used by students at various Stages of their KMS journey. We accept used as well as new computers, tablets, laptops and smartphones.
Before you donate, please view the minimum tech specs we need to offer a smooth learning experience to students at every Stage.
Each of our computers will be installed with Windows 7.
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster
- 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
- 1 gigabyte (GB) RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit)
- 64 GB available hard disk space
- DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- Windows 7 subscription
We’d request you to donate either a laptop or a complete personal computer (this includes a computing console, monitor, mouse and keyboard)
Tablets play the role of helping us teach students how to find and use apps and become truly aware of mobile computing and the opportunities it presents. In each of our schools, we’d like to place a few tablets that can be used briefly so students get a hands-on feel of how these devices work.
- At least 8gb of space
- Should have been launched in 2013 & after (so the OS is relevant)
- Should be of a major brand that receives Android & IOS updates. (Apple, Google, HTC, Samsung, Mi, Lenovo, Dell, etc)